Welcome to another tutorial and diy for you all. I thought that today I would share with you how to make your own snowman. You can make it in different sizes, use it for decoration under your tree or around you house or even as gifts…. there is also a way to make it into a sweetie stash! so it is very versatile. 99% of the population know what snowman I’m talking about in my blog title ! Although it doesn’t look like him, he sure is cute.
- Kitchen roll or toilet roll tube
- Pom poms
- Red felt
- Black felt
- Google eyes
- Sewing tools (needle and cotton)
- Hi tack glue
- Roll the wadding round the tube (add 2-4” above the tube) You can use a toilet paper tube or a kitchen paper tube depending upon what size snowman you will want.
- Sew along the edge of the wadding to secure it to the underneath piece to stop it unraveling.
- Tie a piece of cotton at the top of the tube where the extra wadding begins.
- Then gather the top of the wadding together and sew so that it makes the head.
- Roll some wadding into a sossage. You will want one piece big enough to wrap round the bottom of the snowman, one piece big enough to wrap round the middle + a bit and another big enough to fit the top of the snowman head. Sew along the edge of each piece.
6. Roll some wadding into a sossage. You will want one piece big enough to wrap round the bottom of the snowman, one piece big enough to wrap round the middle + a bit and another big enough to fit the top of the snowman head. Sew along the edge of each piece.
7. Then sew the ends together so you have a rings of wadding.
8. Glue one around the base of the snowman (this will make it sturdy enough to stand up).
9. Glue the next on the shoulders and bring down to the snowman middle.
10. The next one goes on top of snowmans head.
11. Next cut out a piece of black felt. Wrap this round where the arms meet at the front. (Can be glued or sewn).
12. Glue on the googlie eyes and a pom pom for the snowman nose.
13. Then cut out his smile from red felt and glue in place.
14. Add pom poms down his body.
15. Glue in place a big pom pom to your snowman hat.
16. Use a piece of felt, fabric or knitted scarf for his scarf.