This is a recipe that I made up as I went along. So I was plesently surprised when these turned out extremley tasty. I did it for Halloween however it is a dish that you can do anytime (you can just omit the carving out of the pumpkin face).
Preparation time: 15 minutes. Cooking time: 45 minutes Makes: 6
3 large tomatoes
6 large peppers (whole)
A handful of mixed peppers (chopped)
1/4 cooked Chicken (you can modify this recipe to use other meats or quorn if you like).
2 Chicken stock cubes (or stock to match your meat
a handful of grated cheese
150 – 200grams of cous cous
1. First make the stock as per instructions on the packet.
2. Put the cous cous in a bowl and pour the stock over it. Cover with cling film and leave to soak for 10 minutes.
3. While waiting for the cous cous and stock fry the chopped mixed peppers and chopped tomatoes.
4. Next take the peppers and tomatoes off the heat and mix the chicken into the peppers, and tomatoes.
5. Remove the cling film from the cous cous and mix this with the other ingredients. Add a little tomatoes puré to add extra flavour.
6. Cut the tops off the large whole peppers and scoop out the seeds. If you are doing these for halloween or another occasion where your feeling arty then carve a design into the peppers (don’t make the holes too big or your stuffing will fall out!)
7. Stuff the mixture into the peppers and top with a little cheese.
8. Put the lid on the peppers and place them in a baking dish.
9. Place in the oven on gas mark 6 for 45minutes.
10. your peppers are ready to serve.
Like I said, this was just something I made up as I went along so I hope you enjoy this recipe.
Please like, share and subscribe.